Thursday, December 27, 2012

Hands and Knees

I got a new set of pens from my husband for Xmas - it's a 9-piece Koh-I-Noor Rapidograph pen set the nib sizes range from teeny-tiny to huge (.13mm to 1.2mm). And the best thing about them is THEY WORK. Using these pens is like drawing a dream line. (Compared to my old Rapidograph pen that only produced an ink-flow when it wanted to.) I've only used two of them so far - the .3mm and the .25mm but I love them and I worry that, as an artist, I'll never be worthy of having a pen set like this. The set (see photo) came from a local art supply store called Utrecht:


So, over the last few days, I did three new drawings. Nothing unusual, just the same old thing. Yesterday, after leaving work early to avoid the disaster of having to drive in a blizzard, I fell down the stairs and did more damage to myself - to my right knee and to my already-screwed-up right shoulder. I fear my disaster magnet tendencies are ramping up for 2013 and that the coming year will hold little for me in terms of racing in triathlons. Anyway, here are my latest drawings - I guess they're collectively called "hands and knees":





No comments:

Post a Comment