Sunday, March 22, 2009

You Know You're Getting Old When...

...You have one more hard workout before an easy week and you can't motivate yourself to walk out the door.

How is it that I managed to ride my bike trainer for 5 hours yesterday, a feat that is mind-boggling even for me (someone who's done it before), and today I can't get psyched for a 2:45 run? It's the last hard day of three hard weeks. Next week I get to take it easy and recover. All I have to do is get through today's run. Why is that so difficult? And I only drank a small amount of alcohol last night, knowing I had a long run today.

I guess it's time to think about my Ironman race. When I get off the bike after 112 miles and I'm tired and my legs are jello and I have 26 miles left, do I give up? Heck no. Time to dig deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment