Monday, April 13, 2009

Too Much or Too Little

Was feeling very sluggish in the water today. Tried to swim fast but my times reflected someone just flailing around in the water. My husband says I've been training too hard. I think I've been training too little. At least in the pool. I can't seem to get a regular schedule going in the pool. Once I do, they change the pool hours or close the pool for an event or holiday. Needless to say, I'm starting to worry that I won't be ready for the 2.4 mile swim on June 21. The last thing I want is to end up like I did in IM Florida in 2003 when I got out from the first lap and could have easily just walked off the course. That was the beginning of the disaster for that race (and my "career") - ended up in a heat stroke collapse and cart to the finish line. Death from embarrassment and disappointment at my "comeback." I want to believe it's different this time, but today, my energy is low and I'm down.

So, again, I have to ask, is it age?

No comments:

Post a Comment