Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Somewhere Else

Today was a brain-frying day at work. I had planned on running during lunch, but that didn't happen because the weather became a downpour. I ended up sitting in front of my computer ripping my hair out trying to update a program I wrote that was dependent on something else that I had no control over - a something else that no longer existed in its previous form. So I had to figure out the something else, then integrate it back into my program.

By the time I got it working, it was 5:30 pm, and I realized I had been sitting in front of my computer without a break for about three hours straight. I verified that my fix was working and then promptly left.

On the way home I realized I hadn't done today's drawing yet.

As soon as I got home, I grabbed my sketchbook and started working on one of my stream-of-consciousness drawings, but it just wasn't flowing. So I turned the page and went to simple line drawing of some kind of vista, triggered (once again) by a song - the last song I listened to in the car on the way home from work, the one that was stuck in my head when I drew it: "Somewhere Else" by Marillion.

Anyway, it took about five minutes (not counting the time I was running around the house looking for a felt-tip pen, only to be rescued by my husband Jim with his trusty Sharpie thin line). And here it is. (I decided to call it "The Hills Have Hands.")

No comments:

Post a Comment